WHO ARE DECA MEMBERS?
DECA members are dues-paying individuals who belong to the international organization benefiting students enrolled in marketing education courses. DECA chapters are led by marketing education teachers/advisors. DECA offers three types of membership: student, alumni and professional.
- Members benefit from activities in DECA's comprehensive learning program, involving hands-on experience in the fields of marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, and hospitality.
- DECA offers a comprehensive, industry-validated competitive events program to its student members. Students can earn recognition, qualify for advancement to state and international competition, and vie for scholarships while demonstrating their career area knowledge.
- DECA members have opportunities to attend conferences designed to prepare them for college and careers.
- DECA members have opportunities to network with business and marketing professionals as well as other student DECA members across the state and nation.
- DECA members experience personal growth through academic preparation, community consciousness, personal responsibility, and leadership experience.