ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
From Washington State, more than 800 students, advisors, and chaperones will attend the 2017 International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Anaheim, California in April. Most ICDC participants compete in one of DECA’s performance-based competitive events. The top competitors in each event are recognized for their outstanding achievements, and many are awarded continuing education scholarships, stock, and cash awards. In addition to the competitive events, many students and advisors participate in workshops, seminars, and training academies.
ICDC 2016 GENERAL SESSIONS
Watch the Opening Session, Achievement Awards Session, and the Grand Awards Session at ICDC 2016 in Nashville!
Click HERE and scroll down to "Watch the General Sessions"
CONFERENCE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Conference Dates. April 25–30, 2017 (including travel days)
Location. Anaheim, California
Registration Fees. $140 (advisors, students, and chaperones)
Hotel Rates. TBD
Conference Registration. Opens March 6, 2017 / Closes March 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Our generous sponsors provide Advancement Awards to many ICDC competitors. In order to receive the award, students must submit a letter of appreciation to Washington DECA. Letters must be postmarked by March 24, 2017, and they must adhere to the guidelines. For a complete list of awards and for submission guidelines, please download the Event Advancement Awards document here (available early March 2017).
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION
Links to the following will be activated as the information becomes available.
Academies and Workshops at ICDC
- Administrator Day | Administrator Day Postcard | Administrator Day Invitation | Administrator Day RSVP
- Aspire and Ignite Academies (CAP and MAP qualifiers)
- New Advisor Academy
- Professional Learning Series (New Advisor Academy / professional events)
- SBE Academy Agenda
- THRIVE Academy (Chapter and Membership Campaign THRIVE-level qualifiers)
Activities and Entertainment at ICDC
- 5K Fun Run/Walk Registration
- Tours Flyer | Order Online
Agenda and Conference Program
- Conduct Code
- Conference Program
- Conference Seating Chart
- Conference Website
- Competitive Events, Guidelines, Performance Indicators, Sample Events, and Sample Video Presentations
- DECA Blazer
- Dress Code
- Event Briefing Handouts.
- Recognition and Awards
- SBE Competition
- SBE Certification Guidelines 2016-2017
- SBE Recertification Guidelines 2016-2017
Public Relations and Photographs for Purchase
- Photos Available for Purchase. Coming soon...
- Press Release Template 2016. Coming soon...
- Form A
- Form B
- Form C
- Insurance Information
- Judge Registration | Judge Brochure
- Registration (open 3/06/17 – 3/13/17)
- Registration Checklist
- Registration Instruction Packet
- Service for Special Needs Request Form
- T-Shirt Image
- Advancement Awards Scholarship Guidelines and Sponsor List 2017
- Airport Shuttle and Ground Transportation Information
- Car Rental Discounts
- Nashville Downtown Hotels Maps
- Shuttle Schedule
FUTURE INTERNATIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCES
April 20–25, 2018 Atlanta, Georgia
April 26–May 1, 2019 Orlando, Florida
April 28–May 3, 2020 Nashville, Tennessee